Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Hummingbird Charm

I was completely stunned and ECSTATIC when Meg of Twisted Fiber Art contacted me about working on a collaboration for her shop.

I had posted a picture of an Anna's Hummingbird in her Colorway Dreaming thread on Ravelry a few months prior and she used the picture to dye up the most amazing ball of yarn that I had ever seen!



I had such a blast designing the shawl to go along with her gorgeous yarn. I used garter stitch for texture in the first motif to mimic the ruff of feathers around the hummingbird's neck and then from there moved into a sweeping lace motif to mimic the wings of the bird.

The shawl is written for two sizes and is perfect for either a single evolution or a double evolution. Twisted Fiber Arts also has a few different base options to choose from. You can find out more about the kit on Twisted, here.


Of course, it could also be knit in any fingering weight that you have in stash, ranging from 340 yards for the small to 530 yards for the large version. The pattern is also available on Ravelry, here.



No comments:

Post a Comment